You can contact me by e-mail at:

My postal correspondence address (for correspondence only, I do not see clients here) is:

Office 200, Fortuna House, 88 Queen Street, Sheffield, S1 2FW

I’m always happy to meet new people and be involved in new projects – or if I can help out with advice on academic and especially activist work please don’t hesitate to drop me a mail. I’m usually pretty busy so please bear with me if you don’t get a response straight away and feel free to poke me (gently!) if I don’t respond in a reasonable timeframe – I seem to have a rather enthusiastic spam filter.

Please see my pages on Press enquiries and Talks and Training for more info on those areas.

If you would like to contact me about my private practice please have a look here and if you would like to please e-mail me or if you prefer via GenderCare.

Private Practice Contact
Please note I will not receive contact regarding my private practice through my NHS clinics. This is because I am not contracted to work privately when I am at work within the NHS; and the administrative staff are accordingly not allowed by the NHS Trusts I work at to pass any information on to me, including the fact that you have called.

Instead, please e-mail me.

NHS Contact
Unfortunately for clinical safety reasons I cannot respond to NHS clinical queries, no matter how urgent, through this e-mail address. Emails about NHS clinical care consequently have to be deleted without being fully read and will not be responded to.

Really – I honestly do get how tough it can be – and how urgent, but it isn’t safe for me to respond to NHS clinical mails here and I can’t make exceptions – yup even in your case (sorry).

If you do have a NHS clinical query you should bring it up at your next appointment or contact your clinic at:

Nottingham Centre for Transgender Health
12 Broad Street
Tel: 0115 876 0160


Charing Cross Gender Identity Clinic
Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust
179-183 Fulham Palace Road
W6 8QZ
Tel: 020 8483 2801

If you have an urgent query about your NHS care you should contact your GP or primary care physician in the first instance.

If you are having a really tough time the Samaritans on 116 123 can be pretty helpful.

Winston Churchill said “When you’re going through hell – keep going” – sage advice from a man who suffered from depression or the ‘black dog’ as he called it. Self care, reasonable food, sleep and exercise as well as talking to a friend and/or a therapist can all be invaluable. You may also like Dorothy Rowe’s excellent book Depression: The way out of your prison and/or Kate Bornstein’s Hello, Cruel World: 101 Alternatives to Suicide for Teens, Freaks & Other Outlaws although I couldn’t possibly endorse all 101 options…

Otherwise one of the support organisations listed here may be helpful.